Monday, February 20, 2017

Finished! . . .finally


     I used a pre-stretched aida canvas:6" x 6" (a first) and using a photo from a Hobby Lobby brochure I stitched this beauty up. It took a lot longer than I thought it would. But finally, it is finished.

     Hobby Lobby featured this on a brochure but there was no pattern online or in the brochure. The ad stated that this was a perfect beginner piece. That's not quite true. First of all there was no pattern, and second of all the photo showed the project stitched and then stretched onto the wooden frame. There is no possible way that someone could stitch it to match the photo without stitching it first and then stretching it. Clearly this was not a beginner project. In fact I could see a beginner becoming so frustrated with this project that they gave up stitching forever. I really wish that Hobby Lobby would stop doing this type of thing with their brochures.

     That being said, I like the way it turned out, even if I had to make adjustments in the design. I don't know how much of a fan I am of pre-stretched aida cloth. But it is a unique piece and I have it hanging on my wall.

No comments: