Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Personal X-Stitch Challenge


     One of my cube mates at work has this black framed art work sitting on an easel on her desk.  She changes it out every month.  It features colorful words that describe the month.  For December it had Christmas words like “joyful noise” and “noel”.  I really enjoy seeing what each month will bring, I got really inspired by this and decided I’d like to do something similar for my cube. 


      I picked up a copy of one of my favorite magazines and found that they are featuring a monthly design series this year.   


      So, I decided to make this series and feature it on my desk, in a frame, on an easel.  I’m almost done with the first design, “January”, I just need to add the white touches of snow fall and the snowman, and I’m done. 

     The "white" snow is proving to be a bit of a problem.  I tried white, but that didn't show up on the natural/ antique white fabric that I chose.  I switched to whiter than white, and that looked like it would work when I laid the skein up next to the fabric, but when I stitched with two threads, it didn't work either.  So I went looking for something close to white but not white.  I found what's either a pale blue or a pale blue gray, I'm not sure what it is, but it looks good on the fabric when stitched.


     I found a black square frame at Dollar Tree and a silver easel.  I’m all set.  When it's all stitched I'll post a photo.

No comments: