Monday, February 20, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Last year I started a year long project named "Home Sweet Home".  This was an Internet pattern which was offered by the "Quilt Happy, Quilt Often" blog.  Here's how mine looks, all finished and in a frame.
I didn't quilt it because the appliques are made of felt and they are very fragile.
I love the way it turned out.  So, I'm going to enter it as a challenge project.
Silver Needles Quilt Guild, of which I am a member, is having our annual quilt challenge unveiling at the February meeting.
Our challenge this year was to prepare a project that reflected a poem or quote.
Here's the poem that goes with this project:

WHEN I THINK OF HOME (SWEET HOME)
                       Caitlin L. Crawford

When I think of "home" I think of cherry pies
                                                   mulberry trees
                                                   butterflies
                                                   bumble bees

When I think of "home" I think of hummingbirds
                                                   sun brewed tea
                                                   morning walks
                                                   Grandma and me

When I think of "home" I think of hidden trails
                                                   lullabies
                                                   signs of spring
                                                   pumpkin pies

When I think of "home" I think of bedtime stories
                                                   honeysuckle
                                                   roses blooming
When I think of "home" I can't help but chuckle

Because when I think of "home" I think of Heaven
                                                           of all that's kind
                                                           of dancing
When I think of "home" Grandma comes to mind

No comments: