Wednesday, November 23, 2011

NaNoWriMo #22

      I added an additional 1,660 words last night.  Slow going since the big word send up last Saturday.  So maybe I'm not adding huge numbers to my word count, but I'm consistent.  Sometimes slow and steady is all you need to win the race. 
     I have this evening and full days; Thursday and Friday.  I'm sure I can push forward to the finish line with that strategy.  I'm hoping that this weekend I can finish up.  The finish line is closer all the time.
     Gwendolyn did produce a new friend, Zelda.  Those two are something else.  I have got to write their story next year.  I thought I would take a break next year, but these two characters arrived out of nowhere with a story of their own and they've been hinting that it needs to be told.  Hinting?  Did I say that?  I guess if you can call grabbing the front of my shirt and shaking me while repeating "we need a spin-off", hinting. 
     Then there was the mysterious Devlin, who was watching the watcher who carelessly left behind something of value.  What's that all about?  Did Devlin leave something behind or was it the watcher?  That's unclear at this point.  Devlin's not a bad guy, he's just named that way!!!  HA! HA!  (I love that line from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"  Jessica, the pin-up girl says, "I'm not a bad girl, I'm just drawn that way".)  I think I've trotted that reference out before.  Sounds very familiar.
     Headed toward the finish line. . .

© Lydia Lowe  11/2011

No comments: