Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!


     Our first measurable snowfall of the year.  We received 4 inches overnight.  The snow has stopped for now, although we may get some more later this afternoon.  Now the temperature is going to turn dramatically colder.  Maybe 2 degrees for the low tonight?  The wind chill will be colder.  I really don't like that sub-zero stuff.
     My boss called about 8:00 a.m. and said that we weren't going in to work this morning.  I was really glad, as I had plenty of time to go out and dig my pickup out of the snow.  Amazingly,  when I stepped out my door, the neighbor next to me, who shares my "porch" had shoveled and swept our "porch" off.  He had even shoveled off part of my walk, so I didn't have to walk through the snow to get to my pickup to dig it out.  That was so nice!  Sometimes he amazes me!
     These are a couple of photo's from outside my front door, as I prepared to leave for work at noon.  The snow's pretty.  Although, I was not happy to see it arrive.
     As I look out the double doors, here at work, I am beginning to see the snow blowing across the parking lot.  I had hoped that it was wet and melty enough from earlier to put a hard coating on top of the the snow, so there wouldn't be any blowing snow.  I guess the melting was too brief.  Drifting snow looks imminent!  The parking lot is clear and so are the streets, as long as I can get in my driveway, I'm good. 
     I liked the snow a whole lot better when I was home, cozy and warm, with a mug of hot chocolate.

No comments: