Monday, November 22, 2010

NaNoWriMo "The Finale"

     I finished!  I won!  I was so afraid that I wouldn't complete this task that I really knuckled down and pressed onward toward the end.  It helped that as I neared the middle of my story, I picked up steam and the story wrote itself.  The momentum was incredible.  Then just when I thought I had peaked to early, I added some more characters who fleshed out the story even better than I hoped.  They moved the story on to its conclusion.  And then I was done. 
     I didn't realize how tired I was until yesterday.  I had decided to take the day and just kick back.  I needed to do that more than I knew.  I felt lousy all day yesterday.  I really thought I was coming down with the flu.  I was achy, nauseous and just felt rotten.  By the time bedtime rolled around, I was sure that I was going to be up all night camped out in the bathroom.  Instead, I slept well and woke up with tons of energy.  Apparently I was just exhausted.
     Now that I have the story down, it's time to move on to the polishing of the story through research, rewrite, and whatever else.  I can upload my novel beginning on Nov. 25 (Thanksgiving Day) and then I can collect my winner's goodies.  I'm not sure what all that involves but I know there is a certificate.  And that's my main focus.  I intend to frame it and hang it on my wall.
     I DID IT!  YES, I CAN! 

No comments: