Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #9

     I had my second class at the library for NaNoWriMo.  (I missed open mic night. SIGH!) I forgot to bring an excerpt from my novel to read.  But one of the ladies in charge of the class gave me some additional information about my subject.  It's fascinating reading.
     I haven't felt very good the last few days.  I have sinus or something.  No real symptoms, just an ear that's been bothering me and all this wind, dust and whatnot.  Rain would be very welcome.  I said RAIN not ICE.
     My word count was a little low last night.  I hit 1,648 words.  I'm 100 words away from the 20,000 word mark.  I'm looking towards that 25,000 word count.  Half way.  My day to complete dropped from the 25th to the 26th.  That was a little disheartening. 
     Today it hit me, I'm going to have a twist at the end.  And what a twist it will be.  It shocked even me and I'm writing the thing.  Pretty gruesome reading.  If I was shooting for a Harlequin publishing deal, my twist at the end probably ended any chance I had for Harlequin.  (It wasn't really a romance.)  That's O-Kay, mainstream is better anyway.
     Tune in tomorrow for a daily update on the insanity that is NaNoWriMo. . .Day #10 awaits.

No comments: