Thursday, November 4, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #3

     My word count today is 7,992.  (only 42,034 to go, I can't seem to break that first 10,000 word mark)  I currently sit 3 days ahead of schedule.  That's good, because you never know what might happen.  Take today, for instance.
     I have to take my son, James, to an appointment in another town.  I know I want to keep writing.  I need to stay on track.  So do I take my laptop with me, go to the cafe across the street from where his appointment is and type for an hour or do I take a notepad and write in longhand while I sit in the truck and wait for him?
     It will be chilly and not very comfortable in the truck. A cold front came through during the night and today's high isn't going to go much past 60 degrees.  I probably won't get a very good word count and I'll have to transcribe it later.
     Writing at the cafe seems like the smart choice.  It will be light, bright, and comfortable.  I'll get a good word count and I'll have everything all typed up, as usual.  If the appointment runs a little bit long, I can keep typing and adding to that word count.  But I also have to leave my truck parked on the street in an inhospitable town.
     Will I overcome my fear of "parking"?  Tune in tomorrow to see what happens.
      Today begins Day #4 . . .


     
 

No comments: