Saturday, November 20, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #19 AND Day #20

     I wrote like a fiend last night.  I ended my story and in a strange twist, the characters that I added at the end shaped the story more than I can say.  It was an added element that I needed.  It added a terrific finish.  But I was still shy about 1200 words.  So begins the epilogue.
      I was just bone tired so decided to go on to bed.  What to do about today, though?  I had to be out of town in the evening and would miss my regular writing time.  I'm so close.  What should I do?  Finally I decided that I would set my alarm, get up early and finish the story with the epilogue.  I did.
      After Day #19 my word count was 48,791.  After Day #20 my word count was 51,340.  OMG!  I made it!  I can't believe it.  I was so afraid that I wouldn't make the word count in the allotted time and here I made the word count with 10 days to spare.  I did the Snoopy dance all around my apartment when I finished. 
     I reflected on my accomplishment, when I finished.  I wrote my first story when I was 7 years old in 2nd grade, double spaced on notebook paper, four pages front and back.  The teacher encouraged me further by having me read it to the class after recess.  I was hooked and vowed that someday I'd write a novel. I've been writing ever since.  And now, all these years later, I've written the novel I promised myself.  It's really a rough, rough draft.  It needs a lot of polish, but it's a start.
     (Oh did I mention, I still need to add the novel notes at the end.  I think I'll have time before the deadline.)  I can't wait to submit my finished novel for the word count check.  You better believe I'm doing that on the 25th of November!

No comments: