Thursday, November 18, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #17

     I am so close to reaching my word count.  I sit at 44,064 words.  I need 5,936 to finish.  I have over 90 pages so far.  I'm amazed that I've come this far.  And this fast.  I'm not there yet, but I'm closing in on that 50,000 word mark.  It will probably take me a week at the rate I'm going.
     Last night I didn't hit it as hard as the night before.  I watched back to back episodes of "Burn Notice", wrote for an hour, then watched "Family Guy".  It seems so weird when I stop and do everyday things instead of spending all my time writing.  It's like I have to enter back into society or something like that.
     I wasn't sure that I was even going to write at all last night.  I had a rough day and I was tired from the day before.  But I just said to myself, "look you have to put something down and I don't care if it's the worst crap you've ever written, just write."  So I did and an hour later when I blinked my eyes and entered real life again, I had 1,800 plus words.
     I think I might have peaked to early, though.  I don't know if I have enough story left to make the word count.  I decided that if I don't, I will put in a writer's statement or novel notes or whatever, telling about the real life events that this story is based on.  That should take care of my word count, but this is only if I need the extra words for the count.
     Skidding into Day #18. . .join me.

No comments: