Wednesday, November 17, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #16

     I was so tired last night when I got home from work.  I didn't think that there was any way  for me to write even one single word, let alone 3,600 plus words.  I started writing and I could not stop.  I wrote after supper, I wrote through a couple of breaks, and even though I turned on "Family Guy", I didn't watch much of it because I was to busy writing.  I wrote through "King of the Hill"  and through the first part of "South Park". I probably should have just shut the TV off, but I just tuned it out of my mind.  I didn't want to take the 10 second break that it would take to switch off the TV.  I didn't take my shower until almost 11:30 p.m.  I just couldn't stop writing.
     Needless to say, I had strange vivid dreams all night.  I could not get up to go to work.  I finally made it to work (a bit late) and I have just now started to wake up.  Wednesday's are busy days at work and I need to be in tip top shape.  Probably not going to happen today.
     I sit at 42,179 words and 87 pages.  My Inner Editor keeps calling, texting and emailing.  I kept telling him to cool his heels with all the other inner editor's.  He's impatient.  He keeps asking about how the project is going.  Apparently he has met some friends he wants to introduce me to, and soon, their names are Vision. Lofty Goals and Big Ideas.  I think Lofty Goals and Big Ideas are twins.  They dress the same and it's hard to tell them apart.
      Heading into the home stretch. . . Day #17 begins today.

No comments: