Tuesday, November 16, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #15

     Happy day!  I am closing in on 40,000 words.  I'm at the halfway point in the month and nearly finished with my project.  Since the weekend I have slowed down somewhat.  I was tired last night and only managed 1,607 words.  Still that's pretty good for only having an hour and begin tired.  I can churn out quite a tidy word count in an hour.  Practice makes perfect.
     One thing that really irritates me when I read, is when the climax in the novel comes and there are questions hanging out there, and the author wraps everything up within a couple of pages.  That is so unsatisfying.  It doesn't leave me wanting more, it leaves me really ticked off.  I feel like I'm being taken for a ride and I don't like it.  I know they are trying to get you to buy "the next book in the series".  But I'm mad at this point with their lousy ending, and I don't buy the next book.  A really good example of this is a recent Nora Roberts series.  I got so ticked that I didn't buy the other two and I haven't read anything by her since.
     My point being, is that I have passed the climax to my story and I have two sub-plots still going.  I am going to wrap them up so the book has a nice tidy ending.  When you write your own novel, you can do things like that.  Succeed in area's where you feel other authors have failed.  So that's what I'll be writing until I've reached my 50,000 word count.  I'll be wrapping up the loose end.
     I'm strapping on my jet pack and heading into the air. . .it's Day #16.

No comments: