Thursday, November 11, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day #10

     Hello bright, sunny Day #10!  The sun is shining and the air is crispy cool today.  I could smell the damp, clean smell of frost.  My pickup was covered in dewy wetness.  This is especially odd due to the fact that we've had no rain for weeks and weeks.  When I went to squeegee the moisture off my windshield, little smears of ice were in with the wet.  (It is November, but I am really not looking forward to ice and snow.  I think we should skip it this year.  HA! HA!)
     I felt just rotten yesterday evening.  My ears are bothering me. I have sinus from all the dust blowing around over the past weekend.  I wrote anyway.  The more I wrote, the better I felt and when I was all said and done, I neared another milestone.  I have completed 22,733 words/49 pages. (2,267 words from the half way point)  I have made it back to finishing on Nov. 25th.  I have 27,267 words to finish.  Then I WIN!  I know what it took to get to 22,733 words.  Now I have to replicate it.  Whew!  I grow tired thinking about it.
     Yesterday on the NaNoWriMo website there was talk of a shovel with blood on it's blade.  All the zombie writer's weighed in and said they were going to incorporate it within their novels.  Of course the zombie writer's are, duh, zombie's/shovels not that much of a stretch. However it gave me an idea as I read comments by the zombie writer's.  So thank you shovel for making an appearance and thank you zombie writer's for weighing in on a topic of such importance to all of us who are part of NaNoWriMo this year.
     The wind blows me into Day #11. . .


  

No comments: